Business owners across all verticals are always looking for the best social media platforms to…
Between 2009 and 2011 mobile browser share grew by 1000%, and current estimates are that nearly 56% of online traffic comes from mobile, which means websites not properly optimized for mobile are losing out on a large amount of potential customers. These statistics are compelling, but consider five more reasons to invest in a mobile responsive website design that will benefit your business in the short and long term.
1. Mobile Purchasing Power – Mobile users are looking for something different out of your website than desktop users. Data show that consumers arriving to your website from mobile make more impulsive purchases and spend more money than desktop consumers. Focus your digital strategy to the specific needs of this consumer base and make it easier for them to buy impulsively by optimizing your website for mobile purchases.
2. High Bounce Rate – Consumers will abandon your website if it suffers from some of the many problems associated with the lack of mobile optimization. In fact, 57% of users will leave your mobile site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load and 30% will abandon a transaction if the shopping cart lags on mobile devices. Your content has drawn them in, but many cases, mobile formatting is the primary obstacle in converting a potential customer.
3. Increasing Conversion Rate – Mobile optimization has been proven to increase conversion rate, likely in part due to lowering of website bounce rate. Keep in mind that data suggests smartphones are used more for browsing while tablets have higher conversion rates. Optimizing for both smartphones and tablets will open your business up to many potential conversions, as a quarter of mobile consumers access the web via their phones at least once a day.
4. Integrating Branding – Ensuring your website features mobile responsive design provides a great opportunity to integrate your brand presentation across multiple channels. Many users double screen with mobile and desktop (as shown to the right). So, if both mediums appear sleek and easy to navigate, then there are opportunities for your organization to launch integrated promotions.
5. Being First to Market – One quarter of global web searches are done on mobile, but less than 22% of the Alexa top 500 websites have mobile responsive design. Even as a small business, making an investment to capture mobile consumers now will put you ahead of the crowd. The rapid rate of mobile growth means that mobile optimization will become a standard sooner or later. As a result, it is a wise decision to place your business as one of the few early adopters, as opposed to one of many.
Mobile optimization is a relatively simple fix for your business’ digital strategy, because it is primarily a technological issue instead of a fundamental problem with content. Additionally, you can test mobile optimization by simply pulling out your cell phone. The competitive advantage and increased potential for conversion will pay dividends if you choose to invest in your website’s mobile presentation.
For more information on mobile optimization, contact us to find out how Kona Company can deliver a strategic mobile website or application for your company.