Kona Company is a digital strategy firm located in the technology center of Evanston. We are looking for a successful Mobile Application Developer with a passion for creating innovative apps that hinge on user experience. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with growth opportunities. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, high-energy idea person with 3+ years of experience in the digital marketing industry and working directly with client accounts and alongside operational teams.
The mobile app developer will be required to design, develop, test, document, deploy, support and sustain the mobile apps on iPhone, iPad, and Android interfaces and libraries. Candidate should have experience designing, developing, testing and implementing mobile web-service driven apps in the Apple App Store and Android Market.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in more than one platform, have object oriented design experience and an understanding of one or more major relational database management system. Candidate must have an exceptional sense of modern web and user experience design, graphics, layout, transitions and feedback on the mobile platforms. Knowledge of and mastery of variations on mobile platforms (I/O, display, audio, libraries, etc.) are a must. Candidate must be able to weigh customer needs versus technical best practices. Also, must be able to research features, functionality and integration options as well as forecast timelines and costs associated with projects. Lastly, we seek a Mobile Developer who possesses excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with others at all levels within the organization.
- Act as mobile developer able to complete assigned tasks on time and on budget
- Create the high quality and efficient code suitable for today’s mobile app needs
- Experience with implementation of systems that utilize mobile technologies, such as HTML5, Java and or Objective C.
- Applied knowledge of iOS or Android Knowledge of and/or experience with Web Services Standards (SOAP, XML, WSDL, UDDI) a plus
- Experience with standard internet protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, POP, FTP, SMTP
- Experience and examples of other mobile applications and successfully launching in App Store and Android Market
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- Preferred minimum 3 years experience
- Proven leadership skills and direct client experience
- In depth knowledge and experience in digital marketing industry
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Strategic and creative thinking – always focusing on innovative, but measurable client solutions
- Problem Solver, self-motivated, team player, positive thinker
Kona Company is a fast growing digital strategy firm. We offer a fun and engaging culture that is family oriented and dedicated to work life balance and career growth. Our office is in a LEED certified building, conveniently located next to el and Metra stations and in the same building as Hoosier Mama Pie Company and Dollop Coffee Café. We offer a complimentary gym and fitness center to all employees. Salary for this position is commensurate with experience, part-time / freelance will be considered. Please visit our website at www.konacompany.com/careers or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply to join our team.